We can easily add more user account in Ubuntu operating system. To create more user account in your Ubuntu operating system follow the steps:
- Go to Dash home in Launcher.
- Write User Accounts in search field.
- Click on User Accounts Ide.
- Go to System Settings by Dash home or directly from Launcher.
- Now click on User Accounts on System Settings window.
- Click on Unlock, top right side of the User Accounts window to unlock the edit option.
- Enter password for authentication and click on Authenticate button.
Click on “+“(plus) sign on bottom left side of the My Account.
- Now select Account Type(Administrator or Standard), enter Full name. System will automatically generate Username according to your Full name, but if you wish you can edit the username also.
- Click on Create button.
New User is created. Now it is time to set password to enable new user. Follow the steps:
- Click on Account disable button following by Password:.
- Put New password and Confirm password by same password in particular password field. You can also choose a random system generated password by clicking on the combo box right side of the New password.
- Click on Change button.
- Finally Click on Lock to lock the edit option and close the window.
You have successfully created a new user account for Ubuntu.
Try it yourself and secure your data.
For more related posts please visit Linux in our blogs.